Solicitors dealing with property management can find themselves in a variety of negotiation or dispute situations:
- Preparation of a detailed schedule of duties for inclusion in a new agreement.
- Extension of an agreement requiring an updated schedule of duties.
- An agreement for a particular complex providing for a review of manager/caretaker remuneration.
- Renewal of an agreement.
- A disagreement between the manager or management company and a body corporate.
In these and other circumstances, BMCS’s professional services can be of great assistance, including:
- Assistance in determining remuneration payable to resident managers/caretakers.
- Market reviews on behalf of clients.
- Independent advice in regards to dispute resolution between bodies corporate/owners corporations and resident managers/caretakers relating to duties and remuneration.
- Development of schedules of duties that are specific to the particular building/complex for inclusion in management agreements.
- Review duty schedules in current agreements and provide advice.
Our approach is to carry out a rigorous time and motion study and provide a detailed analysis of the building or complex, resulting in balanced, fact-based recommendations and advice on duties and remuneration for the manager/caretaker role and therefore supporting you in creating resolution between parties.
A selection of clients who have engaged BMCS to provide specialised expertise in recent years includes but not limited to:
- HWL Ebsworth Lawyers – Melbourne (Tim Graham)
- Nicholsons – Brisbane (Andrew Suttie & Bronwyn Ablett)
- Active Lawyers – Brisbane (Mark Mellick)
- Simpson Quinn Lawyers – Maroochydore (Damien Quinn & David Simpson)
- Mahoney Lawyers – Brisbane (John Mahoney, Ben Seccombe, Mathew Manz)
- Small Myers Hughes – Gold Coast (Col Myers, Robert Brandon)
- Success Law – Brisbane (Ros Janes)
- Hynes Lawyers – Brisbane (Frank Higginson)
- Matthews Hunt Legal – Gold Coast (Peter Hunt)
- Devenish Law – Cairns (Shane Makin)
- Griffiths Parry Lawyers – Sunshine Coast (Kim Christie)
- Mallesons Stephen Jaques – Sydney (Tim Breakspear, John Samaha)
- Short Punch and Greatorix – Gold Coast ( John & Martin Punch, Peter George)
- Somerville Laundry Lomax Solicitors – Lismore (Sean Radburn)
- PM Lee & Company – Woolloongabba (Peter Lee)
- Ebsworth & Ebsworth – Eagle Street, Brisbane (Ross Williams)
- HW Litigation – Gold Coast (Jonathon Webber, Katie Hall)
- Cleary Hoare Solicitors (Michael Hart)
- Stratum Legal (Michael Kleinschmidt)
- Strata Title Lawyers – Sydney & Melbourne (Tom Bacon)
- WGC Lawyers – Cairns (Michael Heulin)
- Pevy Lawyers – Gold Coast (Trent Pevy)